Come get these....L's

You, you got what I need but you say he's just a friend
And you say he's just a friend, oh baby
You, you got what I need but you say he's just a friend
But you say he's just a friend, oh baby
You, you got what I need but you say he's just a friend
But you say he's just a friend. -Biz Markie


So, i mentioned this topic on twitter weeks ago, here's my latest reply:


Ok...let's go. Backstory time:

So, i've had great friendships with women. Strictly platonic friendships with women who have been a great support to me and i'll always love and appreciate them for it. But as soon as I get into a relationship my girlfriend will seek and try to destroy those friendships. This isn't a one time thing, isn't a one girlfriend thing, isn't even the same female friend thing.

 It's every girlfriend, every time.

explain that, sherlock.  Explain to me how I can have a female bestfriend that my girl knew about before we were together. My girl knows I talk to, she is privy to all our social media interaction. If I get a random text from her when we're together I show my girlfriend so there isn't any "hiding". And still some way, some how she hates this woman to the point I end up losing this female friend. Now i know you're thinking...you drop your friend for this jealous woman?

Not really, but kinda sorta. My former bff (best female friends) will all attest...it's not that I drop them, but my current girlfriend makes it difficult to be the friend I once was to them. They don't want me to talk to them as much. Don't want me to hang out with them and want me to do things I would usually do with my bff with them instead. I get this. I understand my attention has to focus on my girlfriend, especially a serious girlfriend. It sucks, but I never disrespect the girl I'm dating by sneaking around and maintaining friendships she (1) doesn't know about (2) is insecure about (3) is downright ridiculous about. 

To my bffs, don't think i don't defend or fight for our friendships or that it doesn't bother the fuck out of me that I have to choose sides. If y'all were dudes, it wouldn't be an issue. If y'all were dudes, you'd understand how irrational females are and would just take the "L" and not be upset with me over trying to keep peace in my relationship. But women are going to be women...so I'll have everyone mad at me.

...backstory ended. Original point initiated:

So tell me how many male friendships any of my girlfriends ended? None. Zelch. Nada. Not-a-damn-one.

How is this possible? Because women lie. Women are liars, even the good ones. All y'all lie. Lying ass liars. Ask me how many of them I've caught in inappropriate friendships? Every single one of their lying asses. Social media isn't your friends ladies. You wanna have a friendship off the books, send smoke signals. 

The women i have dated have always assumed that i was the jealous or insecure one.  I was the one who didn't want them to have male friends. My male ego was so fragile that they couldn't innocently talk to or hang out with another man..so they had to hide it.  GTFOH..

You are the jealous and insecure person in the relationship. You are the one who unfairly sabotaged and ruined my friendship that i was open and honest about. You were the one lying and hiding friendships from me. So at the end of the day when i find out about Kevin & 'nem and call you on your shit, don't pretend it's innocent. Don't pretend you were doing it because of my fragile ego. Don't pretend that a lie, is not a lie. 

If you have to lie to someone you love about something innocent...it's not innocent. 
- genius 

Comments

  1. Lol, your last paragraph is spot on. Ive never understood why folks feel threatened by their s/o having a opp. Gender bff. Keeping tabs on them or trying to limit their contact with said person isnt gon do shit except temporarily minimize ur own suspicions. I dont have a bff. I have close male and female friends and value our friendships. so much so that I let potential s/o know that they do not have to like my friends, (would it be nice? sure. Is it mandatory? no.) but we're adults, everyone can be cordial and respectful. Plus, they've been around longer than you and are going to be there if we break up. SOoo..💁

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, it goes with the territory... I don't have to be friends with no one's friends, nor you with mine. All I ask is we operate on one universal. "Don't do anything you'd have a problem with me doing".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manfive #100

Different...